Who we are
Super Advisor is building the future of finance by re-imagining how financial planners and advisors give personalized advice to their clients. We help advisors build independent businesses (think: what Shopify did for merchants) and automate processes (think: what Zapier did for entrepreneurs and small businesses). We’re successful when our advisors feel like their business is orchestrated for them and when their clients have 100% confidence in their financial lives. Founded by a software engineer and technical product owner, we are a product-led and technology-focused team. Engineering quality and standards, as well as the well-being of our engineers, are top priorities.
What will your main responsibilities be?
- Design and improve front-end architecture with architectural guidelines in mind (secure, high-performing, scalable, extensible, flexible, simple).
- Translate wireframes into functional requirements, write well-abstracted, reusable, high-performance code for UI components.
- Architect, develop, and test for cross-browser and cross-platform applications.
- Suggest continuous improvements in user interface, software architecture, or new technologies.
- Set out standards for the front-end to be followed by other developers.
- Monitor pull requests and ensure all front-end code is up to the standards you set.
What skills make you a good candidate?
- Expert knowledge of React, React Hooks, and Typescript.
- Impeccable attention to detail and eye for design and UX.
- Deep understanding of responsive design and accessibility.
- Understanding of package bundling, browsers and device compatibility.
- Familiarity with leveraging Material-UI and custom components to deliver delightful user experiences.
- Bonus: Familiarity with mono-repos, cloud functions and no-code automation tools like Zapier and If This Then That.
What type of person will fit in?
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and take it upon yourself to problem-solve.
- You are a team player. We recognize people who are contributing not only by their own individual contributions but by bringing people around them up as well.
- You leave your politics at the door. It’s hard enough to build a lasting company from the ground up without external distractions. Our team supports all sorts of causes, just on their own time.
- You’re comfortable in high-autonomy situations and are ok with working in a less structured environment typical of an early-stage startup (lots of opportunity to define the structure yourself).
- You are comfortable in a blameless culture - the focus is on our team vs. the problem, not each other.
Other important details:
- We work in Toronto, Canada, but we are remote-friendly.
- Resumes are great but not necessary to apply. You can send a LinkedIn profile too. Bonus: send a <60 second video or Loom to introduce yourself and why you are interested in applying.
Visit us at www.superadvisor.ai or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.